NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 17 of 17  

Forum » Collector's Corner » Mew Machine (SNES)

Mew Machine (SNES)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 08:50:27 PM 
Nirron (0)
(Kevin De Bondt)
< Little Mac >
Belgium
Been a lurker for quite a while. Decided to make my first post because I'm unable to find any furter info on these.

Back in the day I used to be a huge Pokémon fan and I did catch them all on my Pokémon Red.
The only one I was missing was Mew. This Pokémon could only be obtained legit from Nintendo during events.

You had to insert your cartridge into this machine..
That they used to call a "Mew Machine" due to it giving out that Pokémon and later the Pokémon Celebi.

Here is a picture of it - http://img706.imageshack.us/img70...

I got a feeling that there are 2 Super Famicom's inside aswell as 2 Super Game Boy 2's that are linked with eachother.. but I'm not quite sure about the rest. Besides the monitor

Does anyone have this in his collection? Or does anyone know more about whats is exactly inside of that machine?
Let me know! I'd love to know and see.

Someone might have this in their collection, but I suppose that they were kind of hard to get a hold of as they were made to give out the "rarest" Pokémon for a limited time and limited number of people.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:04:55 PM 
Tai (24)

(Tyler Patron)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Saskatchewan
never seen this, i only remember nintendo power offering people a contest i think it was to get mew, but you had to mail in your cart. some people won a pikachu with surf on pokemon yellow. it was long ago.. lol

Neat item none the less
-------------------------

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:43:12 AM 
Sam D. (2)
(Sam Davidson)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
There was a glitch in Red/Blue/Yellow that allowed you to catch Mew without a Gameshark, but I'm not sure if you'd constitute that as "legit".

Nonetheless, I remember this machine appearing at several event and I'm also curious if anyone could shed some more light on it. That would be so sick if someone actually had this in their collection!

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:52:35 AM 
Blast Hardbody (7)

(Blast Hardbody)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Australia
I remember going to an event here in Australia to get a mew.

I can't remember much, but I don't think it was a SNES or something they used. Pretty sure I handed my cart over (with one free slot in my belt and one unused Pokeball) and they put my cart into another gameboy, which then transfered the mew over.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:52:52 AM 
3GenGames (0)
(3 Gen Games)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Man, I wonder if any survived. Although I thought they said it was a game cart that gave away the mews? Kickass device though, too bad probably nobody has one right now. :/

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 12:54 AM by 3GenGames

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 01:36:33 AM 
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (95)

(Kenny Powers)
< Bowser >
Florida
When I worked at Toys R Us in like 1999, we had pokemon tournaments, and we got these Mewtwo Holocard you had to play a ton to get just one. I took an unopened box to a pokemon card dealer at the flea market and he gave me $600. Then I took it to Best Buy & bought a Sony MiniDisc Player Recorder System! I think both are worthless now.
apple-pie the floor, clean the appliance ... ... These are the little things we do aggregate in one's power.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 02:28:57 AM 
Retrogradio (0)
(Al Gritzmacher)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Good luck getting a Mew Machine. They were only distributed to affiliated Pokemon Centers and used in promotions. You couldn't just stroll into a GameStop and find one. Since only Nintendo-owned stores were authorized to display and use Mew Machines, they were kept under the possession of Nintendo America. When Gold/Silver came out, a lot of the Mew Machines were retired and sent back to Nintendo. The commercial focus was upon the new generation and it was expected that interest in obtaining Mew would dramatically wane. The current, hardcore Pokemon battle environment has shifted to online simulators, so the need to acquire a bonafide Mew is almost nonexistent these days. I've never heard any reports of a Mew Machine being found in the wild, and as far as I know, the Pokemon Centers still in existence no longer display them. Nintendo no longer actively supports the original GameBoy or GBC, so it kind of follows that Mews are no longer available. These days, amongst casual players, it's quietly approved if you resort to a GameShark/Action Replay/PokeSav to get yourself a Mew since there's no other accessible method.

You may have better chances with seeking out a Japanese or European Mew Machine. I've never seen one but you never know. There's a different climate surrounding things like that in other countries, and it's possible that a few were grabbed before Nintendo could repossess them.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 04:19:04 AM 
KingYoshi (52)

(William Reed)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia
I'd bet a few of these are out there somewhere. Though, they may belong to former Nintendo employees or something along those lines. This would be an insanely sick item to have in a pokemon collection.
PLEASE contact me immediately if you have any of the following orphens for sale....Rule of Rose (PS2) manual only, Kuon (PS2) case and manual only, Haunting Ground (PS2) case and manual only, Final Fantasy IX (PS1) disc 3 only, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition outer cardboard box only.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 07:57:35 AM 
Nirron (0)
(Kevin De Bondt)
< Little Mac >
Belgium
I realise that these are extremely hard to get, but if there would have been one place where I could find someone owning one of these I figured it would be on here.
From what I have read so far they used to just trade the Pokémon Mew over with another Gameboy that had a copy of Pokémon Red or Blue in it with loads of Mew on it.

Here is the picture of someone who has it in his possession.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5899...

Nothing special as you can see just a regular Pokémon Blue in a Gameboy with a sticker to hold it in there and with loads of Mew in the cartridge.

Anyway I suppose a few of those dissapeared in the U.S so they might have decided to make a bigger device that also makes it look cooler to hand out Pokémon during events.
It does sort of look like that they aimed for it to look like the computer in the Pokémon Center that you would you in Pokémon Red and Blue to store Pokémon and items.

Here is another picture of the machine taken from the back.

I'd say it would be a nice addition for anyone's collection not only if you are a Pokémon fan.

Edit: Indeed you were able to get Mew with certain glitches in the game. Some of that I only heard about years later. Not sure if it was because nobody discovered them or that the internet was just not that popular back then.

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 08:02 AM by Nirron

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 08:15:04 AM 
Sam D. (2)
(Sam Davidson)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
I haven't trained my lil' guy in a while

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 08:16:18 AM 
3GenGames (0)
(3 Gen Games)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Damn, that cart save needs to be saved or dump the cart, preferably both, to preserve this item.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 08:20:37 AM 
Nirron (0)
(Kevin De Bondt)
< Little Mac >
Belgium
I also used to have a Pokémon Silver or Gold that I got from Nintendo that I needed to use to hand out Celebi.
Then once I handed them all out I had to return them to Nintendo and they send me a free copy of Pokémon Crystal.

Good times, but I'm going a bit offtopic here

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 08:25:09 AM 
Sam D. (2)
(Sam Davidson)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
For anyone who doesn't know

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/...~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 08:30 AM by Sam D.

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:46:32 PM 
Nirron (0)
(Kevin De Bondt)
< Little Mac >
Belgium
I still got my hopes that someday someone will step forward who owns a device like this.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 11:13:48 AM 
Callin (2)
(Andy )
< Crack Trooper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Sam D.

For anyone who doesn't know

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html

Yeah, red/blue had some fantastic glitches - along with missingno

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 11:22:46 AM 
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
GameBoyScotty (48)

(Don Keyballs)
< King Solomon >
North Carolina
I know nothing of Pokemon, but my nephews are heavy into games (in Australia). I know this, the Mew was the end all be all in their Pokeverse. Don't lose that data! It's history for a generation in a different time than my own. A generation that went crazy for these games. Good dig up Sam D.!

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 01:13:43 PM 
Sam D. (2)
(Sam Davidson)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
I spent countless amounts of hours on those first 3 pokemon games. When my friend in summer camp in 3rd grade told me about that glitch I went NUTS. Definitely my favorite glitch in any video game ever, isn't it wild how people figure that sort of stuff out?

I hope someone on here one day could somehow obtain that Mew machine. I would pretty much trade or pay anything to get one of those things. Easily one of my favorite parts of Pokemon history.

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use