NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 25 of 42  

Forum » Collector's Corner » Sealed Castlevania 3: Possible 90 grade,...

Sealed Castlevania 3: Possible 90 grade, opened/destroyed by customs

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:00:57 PM 
retro_relapse (26)

(LEE JR.)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Just thought i would share a little experience i had today. About a week ago i got a really good deal and purchased a minty sealed Castlevania 3 from a seller off Ebay. The only thing is that i was a little nervous because the seller was  from Colombia. I had mentioned to the seller to make sure to wrap and double box very carefully and make sure that there would be no tampering from customs. When i received it today, the box the game came in was slightly damaged and the game felt loose inside. Right away i knew somthing was wrong. When i opened the box to get to the game, the bubble wrap had been tampered with. Once i removed the wrapping, the game was opened with the original cello and hangtab gone. No where to be found. Instead, it was replaced and the box was covered with the inside baggie the game cartridge comes in. The two sides of the game box had end to end slits like if it was opened with a utility knife. A perfectly (with the chances of a possible 90 grade by VGA) sealed game ruined by customs. Just thought i would share this with you as i am real bummed out on a possible 90 grade Castlevania 3. I had been looking for a real nice copy to go into my personal collection for a while now. I did contact the seller and he is willing to give me a refund with no questions asked. Its good that he is cooperating with me. Have any of you guys had a some what experience like this. I would like to hear any comments. Thanks... Here are some pictures of the before and after of the game.

BEFORE

AFTER

-------------------------

Edited: 05/21/2013 at 07:51 PM by retro_relapse

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:07:48 PM 
Bronty (52)

(Dan M)
< Wiz's Mom >
Canada
ugggg sorry brother

Yeah I've had it happen a few times. Snow bros, pro sport hockey, breakthru, a couple other good ones torched by customs

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:09:28 PM 
Alder (42)

(Tom B.)
< King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Ugh. This is just unacceptable.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:10:51 PM 
Bronty (52)

(Dan M)
< Wiz's Mom >
Canada
ugggg, I see the pics are up now.... MY EYES, MY EYES

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:13:23 PM 
Piko (41)

(Eli )
< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Minty CIB Aero Fighter sent to Canada.

Customs destroys box.

I packaged with with alot of bubble wrapped inside a box inside a bigger box, paid Express shipping and everything

But I had to be responsible for the damages, Lost about 600 bucks. good Thing I paid for Insurance.

I hate Customs

Piko Interactive LLC - SNES Homebrew & SNES Indie Games
Super Nintendo Facebook Page

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:14:32 PM 
retro_relapse (26)

(LEE JR.)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bronty

ugggg, I see the pics are up now.... MY EYES, MY EYES

A possible vga 90 grade imo Bro. Not anymore...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:21:48 PM 
JosephLeo (77)

(Joseph Leo)
< King Solomon >
Florida
Maybe you can get a response from the U.S. Customs themselves.

Be 100% honest, provide a third party estimate as to what the price of the item should have been and what it is now, and be patient and calm with them.

You can start here.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/forms/co...
NTSC NES Variants & CIB Contents Research Progress
Licensed: 10 out of 677 or 1.47%
Unlicensed: 0 out of 90 or 0.0%
Publishers: 8 out of 80 or 10.0%
Variant Totals
Unique Titles 10 with 1 variations

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:21:55 PM 
Bronty (52)

(Dan M)
< Wiz's Mom >
Canada
Originally posted by: pichichi010

Customs destroys box.

I packaged with with alot of bubble wrapped inside a box inside a bigger box, paid Express shipping and everything

But I had to be responsible for the damages, Lost about 600 bucks. good Thing I paid for Insurance.

I hate Customs
I hate to say it but the fact that you paid for insurance is probably why they opened the box in the first place.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:25:22 PM 
Piko (41)

(Eli )
< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas

Customs destroys box.

I hate Customs
I hate to say it but the fact that you paid for insurance is probably why they opened the box in the first place.

It was requested by the Buyer if im not mistaken, so I just followed orders.  Still Insurance covered a lot but I ended up not getting what I wanted for the game.

Piko Interactive LLC - SNES Homebrew & SNES Indie Games
Super Nintendo Facebook Page

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:26:12 PM 
retro_relapse (26)

(LEE JR.)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas

Customs destroys box.

I hate Customs

Damn, now why does that make sense now!!! That sucks Bro....Really sucks!!! Can you imagine the  time and money lost on sealed games tampered by customs.

Edited: 05/21/2013 at 03:26 PM by retro_relapse

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:41:51 PM 
Ladybug-pug (75)

(Lady Bug)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
The seller is good for cooperating with you. I'v never had a seller be understanding about something like this. They always argue and refuse to do anything.

I havent had customs open games before but I had one guy open the game because he wanted to make sure it was brand new before he sent it to me. Facepalm + rage

Also had someone tape a label directly to the snes game and send it thru usps.
Want list:

Mario Arcade Black Box Sealed H-Seam
Zelda Majora's Mask sealed non collector's

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:45:36 PM 
Arkturus (80)

(Brian Koo)
< Lolo Lord >
California
Sorry my man. I was always taught to have them claim low amount as possible so no suspicion. And its not even the fact that he's getting his money back. That was already understood at the time of purchasing. Its just that there aren't a lot of 90 quality raw CV 3's laying around so its not easily replaceable.
Playing Clash of Clans Hardcore - If your in-game and looking for a clan we're recruiting - PM me with details

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:48:02 PM 
MrFlutterPie (35)

(Rick Taylor)
< Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Uggg that is so brutal.

I am so sorry bro
NA's Resident Clayfighter 63 1/3 apologist

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:49:36 PM 
m308gunner (50)

(Jason )
< Ridley Wrangler >
Connecticut
...and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth...
  I'm looking to buy Kiwi Kraze CIB in Good - Very Good condition. I've got Birthday money to spend people!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:54:52 PM 
sadikyo (63)

(Sadik Yo)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Ladybug-pug

The seller is good for cooperating with you. I'v never had a seller be understanding about something like this. They always argue and refuse to do anything.

I havent had customs open games before but I had one guy open the game because he wanted to make sure it was brand new before he sent it to me. Facepalm + rage

W o w... that is beyond comprehension

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:04:17 PM 
Alder (42)

(Tom B.)
< King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: sadikyo

W o w... that is beyond comprehension

Reminds me of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-CFnjp_ng

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:04:34 PM 
1upped (28)

(A S)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
So sorry to hear that - just last week I bought that ultra mint Maniac Mansion sealed on ebay - when it arrived in the mail, the box was squashed and looked like it sat under a huge rock - same thing, knew something was wrong, opened it and the top of it was completely squashed - problem is that it was packaged nicely, double boxed and insulated with bubble wrap - the post office screwed this one up and I just ended up eating the loss - it made my stomach drop - I almost started a post asking what to do as this wasn't the sellers fault, but just ended up taking the hit - another perfect copy destroyed at the hands of the postal service - but to be fair, earlier in the week, I had two sealed nes games sent in bubble mailers and by miracle were both undamaged - strange luck
Hit the slopes of Mount Nasty for the challenge of your life!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:10:44 PM 
Alder (42)

(Tom B.)
< King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: 1upped

So sorry to hear that - just last week I bought that ultra mint Maniac Mansion sealed on ebay - when it arrived in the mail, the box was squashed and looked like it sat under a huge rock - same thing, knew something was wrong, opened it and the top of it was completely squashed - problem is that it was packaged nicely, double boxed and insulated with bubble wrap - the post office screwed this one up and I just ended up eating the loss - it made my stomach drop - I almost started a post asking what to do as this wasn't the sellers fault, but just ended up taking the hit - another perfect copy destroyed at the hands of the postal service - but to be fair, earlier in the week, I had two sealed nes games sent in bubble mailers and by miracle were both undamaged - strange luck
Yeah, this really bothers me.  Do you know if registering the package as fragile makes any difference?  I've had similar luck... I once snagged a sealed Zelda 2 on amazon for $40, it came in a bubble mailer and was in excellent shape.  On the other hand, I ordered a sealed game boy game once and it was packaged in a box but the seal was ripped off :/

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:25:40 PM 
Beliskner (0)
< El Ripper >
Germany
that's the advantage of living in the EU
customs don't open stuff sent within the EU (to my knowledge) and very rarely they take a look in boxes (mostly ones coming from Asia)
Collections I'm actively working on:

Playstation 3 Collection: 478

Videopac G7000 Collection: 60/66
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: 196/239

Looking for the following games:
Sega Rally (N-Gage)
Videopac 57 Blobbers (Videopac G7000)
Videopac 58+ Air Battle (Videopac G7000)

Pick-Up and gameplay videos on my pretty bad youtube channel :) : http://www.youtube.com/user/Beliskner999psn

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:28:55 PM 
1upped (28)

(A S)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
I don't think it makes a difference Alder - I usually don't say anything and hope it gets there fine - for the most part, most of my stuff makes it to me undamaged, but it stinks when something like this thread happens
Hit the slopes of Mount Nasty for the challenge of your life!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:38:06 PM 
kinggrimwood (42)

(Jeremiah Grimwood)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Fuuuuuuuu.
I want rare / valuable / prestigous / historically important  games for my collection.  My desire is for either Near Mint, Mint.  May be used CIB or sealed.
Hit me up if you have something for me!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 04:59:21 PM 
Parpunk (163)

(Mark )
< King Solomon >
West Virginia
man thats terrible.

bummer totally
Check out my store in Maryland https://www.facebook.com/TimewarpmediaMD
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 05:15:41 PM 

Chrevans1 (75)

(Christopher Evans)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States

LOLOLOL

Always adding new Nintendo games, systems and collectibles for sale at www.otcvideogames.com!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 05:16:59 PM 

Chrevans1 (75)

(Christopher Evans)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Seriously though, this is a huge bummer. Do you think if a letter was included in the box it would be protected from mistakes like this? Or maybe if it was sent Registered Mail?

Always adding new Nintendo games, systems and collectibles for sale at www.otcvideogames.com!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 05:31:14 PM 
jonebone (374)

(N64 Fanatic)
< Bonk >
Maryland
Yeah that's unfortunate, sorry about your luck. I haven't had this exact scenario happen, but I've lost plenty of Mint games due to poor packing. Comes with the territory of collecting Mint.
Now Playing: NES Remix

Recent Beats: Titanfall, Castlestorm, Halo: Spartan Assault, Pikmin 3, Dead Rising 3

WTB Mint Sealed and Complete Nintendo Games, Any Platform or Handheld!  PM me!

Posts 1 - 25 of 42  

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use