NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 25 of 89  

Forum » Everything Else » I could eat Salmon every day and never g...

I could eat Salmon every day and never get tired of it.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:07:13 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
A friend of mine was in Alaska when they just so happened to have the one day a year where anyone could pluck a wild salmon from the water and eat it.  He said that the fresh salmon was the best food he ever tasted. I'm debating if the airfare to Alaska is worth it.....

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 06:15 PM by buyatari2

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:11:06 PM 
alekx (55)

(Alexander Cowper)
< King Solomon >
Alberta
Salmon every day will infact kill you, mercury or somthing
-------------------------
 Do you have 9/10 Condition SNES games? PM me to sell/trade.

For sale: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:11:11 PM 
Shane (134)

(Shane Hayabusa)
< King Solomon >
Arkansas
The real question is, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:16:33 PM 
jonebone (382)

(N64 Fanatic)
< Bonk >
Maryland
I don't eat it everyday, but I try to get it at least once or twice a week. Delicious!
Now Playing: Bravely Default

Recent Beats: Titanfall, Castlestorm, Halo: Spartan Assault, Pikmin 3, Dead Rising 3

WTB Mint Sealed and Complete Nintendo Games, Any Platform or Handheld!  PM me!

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:17:42 PM 
deathrock83 (17)

(Jeremy Rogers)
< Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I could eat Spam every day and never get tired of it.
Originally posted by: guillavoie

What about me getting at your home and punching you in the face for only $0,99?

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:18:30 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: alekx

Salmon every day will infact kill you, mercury or somthing

The mercury is salmon is very low. You can eat a near unlimited supply of salmon with no ill effects caused by mercury. I've already had to research it and prove this to my wife who is a nurse.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:20:43 PM 
Vectrex280996 (23)

(King Ghidorah)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Switzerland
You mean eating salmon every time you play dice or every time you die? Are you a gambler or Jesus Christ? That is the question As for me, I'm a normal guy that doesn't gamble. And I don't like salmon.
Cows go "MOO!"
Proud owner of post #3333 in the Joel Thread! It says "Lime"
GIGOLO for the NES!!! Check it out! (NSFW) -> http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
Want some more Mystique fun? Beat'em and Eat 'em (NSFW) -> http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Follow my homebrewing madness on Twitter!

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 05:21 PM by Vectrex280996

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:26:26 PM 
Beliskner (0)
< Lolo Lord >
Germany
I lived directly at the coast of the North Sea for the first 19 years of my life and always loved eating fish and salmon is definitely one of them. Now I live about 300-400 kilometers from the coast and the fish here is terrible compared to the fish you get at the coast. With fish it's extremely important to get it as fresh as possible. If the fish died over 36 hours before eating it or isn't stored correctly it looses a lot of its taste. I talked to a lot of people here in Berlin and the majority doesn't really like to eat fish except at fast food restaurants where the fish isn't even actual fish lol. The guys from my home town all love fish. If you haven't eaten fresh fish at the coast you haven't actually eaten fish
Playstation 3 Collection: 505/1???
Videopac G7000 Collection: 61/66
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: 236/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 44/269

Looking for the following games:
Sega Rally (N-Gage)
Videopac 57 Blobbers (Videopac G7000)
Videopac 58+ Air Battle (Videopac G7000)

Pick-Up and gameplay videos on my pretty bad youtube channel :) : http://www.youtube.com/user/Beliskner999psn

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:30:22 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

You mean eating salmon every time you play dice or every time you die? Are you a gambler or Jesus Christ? That is the question As for me, I'm a normal guy that doesn't gamble. And I don't like salmon.

LOL Damn autocorrect. I could eat salmon every DAY and twice on days that I gamble and/or resurrected

if you are human or a bear you have to like salmon it is a law. 

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:31:43 PM 
deathrock83 (17)

(Jeremy Rogers)
< Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Originally posted by: buyatari2

LOL Damn autocorrect. I could eat salmon every DAY and twice on days that I gamble and/or resurrected

if you are human or a bear you have to like salmon it is a law. 

I totally missed the typographical error. I am an idiot. 

Also... I must be honest here. I have never had salmon. Perhaps I'll try some the next chance I get. You guys have me curious now.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:40:53 PM 
alekx (55)

(Alexander Cowper)
< King Solomon >
Alberta
Maybe its another fIsh that gives you mercury poisoning, i know it happened a while back... Carry On.
 Do you have 9/10 Condition SNES games? PM me to sell/trade.

For sale: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:46:30 PM 
captmorgandrinker (409)

(Are you sure Hank done it this way?)
< Master Higgins >
Ohio

Maybe its another fIsh that gives you mercury poisoning, i know it happened a while back... Carry On.

Swordfish.   Tuna to an extent, but swordfish is really high in mercury.  If you polished off one of those every day you'd have issues.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:55:33 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Swordfish.   Tuna to an extent, but swordfish is really high in mercury.  If you polished off one of those every day you'd have issues.

Shark and swordfish are high in mercury. Something called the tilefish has the highest levels but I've never seen one.

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 05:56 PM by buyatari2

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:07:07 PM 
pujolsfan (64)
< Lolo Lord >
Missouri
I love salmon. Although fish is kind of expensive, so i don't eat it as often as I'd like. But salmon is for sure one of my favorites.

Wanted list. If you have these and want to trade, shoot me a message.
N64: Sculptor's Cut, Bomberman Second Attack, Harvest Moon, Internation Superstar Soccer 2000, Starcraft 
DS: Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, Rocket Slime
Life size Nintendo fiberglass statues 

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:13:21 PM 
DMG (47)

(Dustin G.)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Rainbow trout all the way.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:17:51 PM 
NESHomebrew (16)

(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games)
< King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
These days I'd be more worried about the radiation pouring into the ocean from Fukushima. It won't be long IMO before the only edible fish is inland farmed fish.

Check out the NESDev Competition I help organize yearly.

It's a Blog! It's a NES Bartop Arcade!  It's a Youtube Channel! It's me, @NESHomebrew on twitter

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:23:36 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: WhatULive4

These days I'd be more worried about the radiation pouring into the ocean from Fukushima. It won't be long IMO before the only edible fish is inland farmed fish.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:27:59 PM 
dewisp02 (36)

(Mr. Jason)
< Lolo Lord >
Indiana

Shark and swordfish are high in mercury. Something called the tilefish has the highest levels but I've never seen one.

I dont like charts like this because they do not show where the data comes from. I know it says FDA and EPA, but how did they conduct the study and where did the data [numbers] come from? Are there other factors that could put a bias, unintended or otherwise, on the data?

The real thing you have to consider is whether there is possible mercury contamination where the fish are being caught. 

-Have dupes of POWER BLADE 2, RC PRO AM 2 CB, FIRE N ICE CI, TMNT TOURNEY FIGHTERS, CUBIVORE CIB, CHRONOTRIGGER CIB as trade bait for RARES!
-Wanting Stack Up manual, EVO [box & manual], Earthbound [cardboard insert & box], Power Blade 2 [box], Little Samson [box & manual], Panic Restaurant [box & manual], Wayne's World [boxes & manuals]!!

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:42:30 PM 
Beliskner (0)
< Lolo Lord >
Germany
Originally posted by: WhatULive4

lol that's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The oceans are so much bigger than one might think and it will take a lot more than a some nuclear waste dripping into the ocean to contaminate all fish there is. You'd have to a ton of nukes into the oceans to poison the majority of fish. Also smoking only half a pack of cigarettes every day increases the radioactive poisoning of your body by a factor of ten or more. It's also over 100.000 times more poisonous than living next to a nuclear power plant. Just saying

Playstation 3 Collection: 505/1???
Videopac G7000 Collection: 61/66
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: 236/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 44/269

Looking for the following games:
Sega Rally (N-Gage)
Videopac 57 Blobbers (Videopac G7000)
Videopac 58+ Air Battle (Videopac G7000)

Pick-Up and gameplay videos on my pretty bad youtube channel :) : http://www.youtube.com/user/Beliskner999psn

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:43:49 PM 
buyatari2 (29)

(adam harvey)
< Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: dewisp02

I dont like charts like this because they do not show where the data comes from. I know it says FDA and EPA, but how did they conduct the study and where did the data [numbers] come from? Are there other factors that could put a bias, unintended or otherwise, on the data?

The real thing you have to consider is whether there is possible mercury contamination where the fish are being caught. 

I picked this chart only because it clearly shows salmon at one end and swordfish at the other. In general these fish which live longer and are further along the food chain will have more mercury. I'm sure as you say there are many other factors but there is a huge disparity between salmon and swordfish. 

If you go to the FDA there is a more detailed chart and how the data was determined. 

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodborne...

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 06:44:37 PM 
3GenGames (0)
(3 Gen Games)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Too bad it's true, the radiation is insanely high in fish off of Cali thanks to the disaster, it's pretty bad.

As for salmon, I'm not a fan of much fish. I need to try to eat it more to acquire the taste more.

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 07:00:12 PM 
Otter (72)

(T Otter)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Mercury isn't the problem radiation is now....on a side note salmon is like candy....so good.

My wtb/trade thread:    

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 07:05:53 PM 
dewisp02 (36)

(Mr. Jason)
< Lolo Lord >
Indiana

I picked this chart only because it clearly shows salmon at one end and swordfish at the other. In general these fish which live longer and are further along the food chain will have more mercury. I'm sure as you say there are many other factors but there is a huge disparity between salmon and swordfish. 

If you go to the FDA there is a more detailed chart and how the data was determined. 

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/metals/...

The fact that you chose that specific chart to show what you wanted, shows some of the bias that can occur in these kind of studies. There is truth in the "older the fish, the more the mercury" just because they have had more likelihood of swimming through mercury contaminated waters. Sharks transverse the ocean regularly and approach shores all over the world, so there is a much higher chance of them becoming mercury contaminated. 

I have learned over the years while studying science, that research is only as good as the research design. I do not have access to the full journal that is referenced as the source for the studies, so I cannot see if their sampling or data analysis is flawed/allows for bias in any way. I wish I knew if they were pulling the fish from the same area of the ocean/sea. If some of the fish are being pulled close to shorelines, are they figuring in industrial areas around that site or the wateways that dump into that site? This is just an example. 

I work with govt regulation and agencies, and their research studies are not always conducted to figure in any or all necessary controls.

I am/was not trying to say you were misinterpreting/misrepresenting the data in any way. Just that data is only as good as the research design. 

-Have dupes of POWER BLADE 2, RC PRO AM 2 CB, FIRE N ICE CI, TMNT TOURNEY FIGHTERS, CUBIVORE CIB, CHRONOTRIGGER CIB as trade bait for RARES!
-Wanting Stack Up manual, EVO [box & manual], Earthbound [cardboard insert & box], Power Blade 2 [box], Little Samson [box & manual], Panic Restaurant [box & manual], Wayne's World [boxes & manuals]!!

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 07:13 PM by dewisp02

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 07:40:04 PM 

twinkie2001 (50)

(Thomas Smith)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: deathrock83

I could eat Spam every day and never get tired of it.

I love Spam too.

Every Monday and Tuesday, I fry it up in butter with a hashbrown, and make a Grilled Spam Hashbrown & Cheese Sandwich.

The best!

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 07:42:26 PM 
deathrock83 (17)

(Jeremy Rogers)
< Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Originally posted by: twinkie2001

I love Spam too.

Every Monday and Tuesday, I fry it up in butter with a hashbrown, and make a Grilled Spam Hashbrown & Cheese Sandwich.

The best!

Never tried that! I usually fry it up and slap in on a hamburger bun with scrambled eggs and pepperjack cheese.

Posts 1 - 25 of 89  

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use