NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 7 of 7  

Forum » Everything Else » N64 Replacement Pin Connectors?

N64 Replacement Pin Connectors?

No one makes them? Really?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:15:11 PM 
aleckermit (34)

(The OoT Guy)
< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Aftermarket NES pin connectors have been made for a while now but I've never seen any N64 ones. The closest thing I've seen for sale is refurbished connectors with a pro-gold coating.

Seeing as how incredibly easy it is to replace the N64 connector (just pops right out/in), I'd though someone would be making them by now. They'd be very cheap to make since they're so small and simple.

-------------------------

N64 NFR set completed:

http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

Need these items: Ocarina of Time Gold NFR (just has NFR sticker on backside), Ocarina of Time 3D E3 NFR.

http://www.youtube.com/aleckermit...

Edited: 10/12/2010 at 10:16 PM by aleckermit

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:17:18 PM 
pats1717 (733)

< Wiz's Mom >
United States
^ It is cheaper to buy a system then it would be to swap a pin connector!
When in doubt blame a reseller they probably caused (insert issue here) it.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:19:32 PM 
aleckermit (34)

(The OoT Guy)
< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: pats1717

That's not relevant. Swapping a used pin connector for a used pin connector defeats the purpose. You don't buy another used NES when yours starts blinking.

The main reason I'd like for these to be made is because I want to mod an N64 with custom cooling and I want it to have a new pin connector. But of course I'd have to buy a NIB N64 for that... which costs hundreds.

N64 NFR set completed:

http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

Need these items: Ocarina of Time Gold NFR (just has NFR sticker on backside), Ocarina of Time 3D E3 NFR.

http://www.youtube.com/aleckermit...

Edited: 10/12/2010 at 10:23 PM by aleckermit

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:21:57 PM 
pats1717 (733)

< Wiz's Mom >
United States
The reason the product isn't being made is because there is not a market for it. Try selling N64 systems good luck, they don't sell if your pin connector on a top loading n64 is bad you can go buy another system. That is what my point is. N64 Systems can be had for around $15 a new pin would be $10 easily especially early on. There is not a market for it, and that is why it does not exist!
When in doubt blame a reseller they probably caused (insert issue here) it.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 11:36:53 PM 
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
Tanooki (185)

(The Wind Waker)
< Bonk >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: aleckermit

That's not relevant. Swapping a used pin connector for a used pin connector defeats the purpose. You don't buy another used NES when yours starts blinking.

The main reason I'd like for these to be made is because I want to mod an N64 with custom cooling and I want it to have a new pin connector. But of course I'd have to buy a NIB N64 for that... which costs hundreds.

You don't?  I did.  I found a lot with a barely used NES in it and swapped its pins for mine and well both mine and the newer with the older set both work right away(odd I know.)  I don't trust those new pins, read stuff about cheap metals, overly tense so you can't lock the game in, get dirty very easy, corrode/blacken far easier.  They don't give me much confidence for long period usage.

On the N64 topic, there's no need as they're very solidly built, and you can get a replacement N64 so cheap you could just part it out, and that's likely what business people think as it would cost them a bit to make the things so the profit window would be very poor to bother.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 08:18:35 AM 
jonebone (383)

(N64 Fanatic)
< Bonk >
Maryland

The reason the product isn't being made is because there is not a market for it. Try selling N64 systems good luck, they don't sell if your pin connector on a top loading n64 is bad you can go buy another system. That is what my point is. N64 Systems can be had for around $15 a new pin would be $10 easily especially early on. There is not a market for it, and that is why it does not exist!

This.

I've probably had at least 75-100 N64 systems come through my hands and I only have experience one that I could not get to work.  I took it apart and it had sticky brown residue all throughout the inside, as if someone spilled an entire can of Coke on it.

Even ones with stuck Reset buttons seem to work perfectly fine.  There's really absolutely no need for new pins on the N64.

Now Playing: Madden 2015

Recent Beats: Fallout 3, Titanfall, Castlestorm, Halo: Spartan Assault, Pikmin 3

WTB Mint Sealed and Complete Nintendo Games, Any Platform or Handheld!  PM me!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 08:28:57 AM 
sadikyo (66)

(Sadik Yo)
< El Ripper >
United States
Agree with everyone else. Heck, I'll give you a N64 console (system only, no jumper pak) for free if you pay shipping. It's not NEW, and I know it isn't what you're going for if you really want a new connector, but it does work perfectly for me.
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use