NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 15 of 15  

Forum » Help Wanted! » MC999 Suspension on Ebay

MC999 Suspension on Ebay

Not sure what I did.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 02:38:44 AM 
Member of the Hall of Shame -- click for more information.
ZOMG! (30)

(NES 001)
< Meka Chicken >
California
I'm pretty upset right now. I sold about three items today and now I'm risking not getting paid because my account has been suspended. I'm a new seller on eBay and I am very disappointed that I'm going through this and potentially having sales fall through. All this happening when I need to come up with $100 for my girlfriend and I to move into our new place. This is the message I got.

Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

The only thing I can think of if probably getting a unpaid strike because I told a seller I was going to pay on said date then he messages me telling me he would like me to pay sooner. Another thing is that eBay asked me to confirm my identity which I did not because I tried to via ebay.com but it was getting all these weird questions like "What out of these four listed below are you familiar with?" as if it was getting my information somewhere and made me feel awkward having them have that much info on me.

Has anybody got this?

-------------------------

FS: SNES/N64/NES Taking Systems In Trade

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 03:10 AM by ZOMG!

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 06:11:36 AM 
VideoGamesIzFun (44)

(Justin B)
< El Ripper >
Maryland
No I haven't got this but it seems to me someone has reported you for something not good (selling stolen goods, selling counterfeit goods, illegal copies, ect.). Did you per chance put some repros up for sale?? Those are no longer allowed to be sold on ebay I think.
RPG Fans
http://sociallinkmax.proboards.co...

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 10:56:29 AM 

nintendopower_4_ever (30)

(john smith)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
did you pay your fees for last month?

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 02:33:41 PM 
gutsman004 (35)

(Guts Man)
< King Solomon >
Texas
I'm thinking it was most likely because you didn't confirm your identity,so ebay may have thought you were a scammer or were selling stolen goods.
It wouldn't be a fee issue as they give you plenty of chances and warnings to pay it before they put your account on hold.
Big thanks to MoeDown for helping me get the vga Mega Man 2 I had been searching for!

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 02:53:43 PM 
mcetak8 (100)

(-- Kate --)
< Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Was that message actually TO you? I've had strange messages before, but they were spam messages that were simply addressed to my eBay user name rather than my actual name. Could be someone trying to get information from you. Make sure you're actually suspended before you take any action other than calling eBay.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 03:33:55 PM 
TheNEScollector (0)
(Brian Wagner)
< Lolo Lord >
Iowa
Originally posted by: VideoGamesIzFun

No I haven't got this but it seems to me someone has reported you for something not good (selling stolen goods, selling counterfeit goods, illegal copies, ect.). Did you per chance put some repros up for sale?? Those are no longer allowed to be sold on ebay I think.

Pirate games, repros, and I think homebrews are not allowed on ebay anymore. I think it's dumb, but that's the rule

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNEScollector You'll love it!

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 03:39:03 PM 
ZOMG! (30)

(NES 001)
< Meka Chicken >
California
Well that day my Zelda Master Sword and Shield Replica.

Could it be because the word Replica was in the listing?

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 06:55:45 PM 
captmorgandrinker (398)

(Are you sure Hank done it this way?)
< Master Higgins >
Ohio
Is it just your ebay account that got suspended or did they nail your Paypal account too?

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 07:54:44 PM 
ZOMG! (30)

(NES 001)
< Meka Chicken >
California
Just my ebay account.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 08:41:47 PM 
gutsman004 (35)

(Guts Man)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: ZOMG

Well that day my Zelda Master Sword and Shield Replica.

Could it be because the word Replica was in the listing?

Quite possibly. But honestly it is not the end of the world. You can create another ebay account. People do it all the time. I know you'll have to start over feedback-wise,but it beats being permanently unable to use ebay.
Big thanks to MoeDown for helping me get the vga Mega Man 2 I had been searching for!

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 08:49:43 PM 
ZOMG! (30)

(NES 001)
< Meka Chicken >
California
Would I have to make a new paypal account.

I called them asap but I got caught up on somethings and now I'm busy until tomorrow after noon. Hopefully it gets resolved by then. It just upsets me that I needed the $100 dollars coming in so me and my girlfriend can move into our place and this just happens out of nowhere so I'm stuck having to ask my parents for money which is the number 1 thing I hate to do.

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 07:40:27 AM 

BigDUnit1 (35)

(Derek Rithamel)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
My ebay account has been suspended for a year and a half. I'm now clear of my charges, but ebay and it's workers are being real assholes with opening my account again. I'm pissed as I have almost 400 feedback under that profile.

My Collection Guide
Basically just looking for some Fun SNES Games to Play! :) <3

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 11:57:00 AM 
Zing (22)

(Daniel Corban)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
You didn't "confirm your identity". That seems like a pretty good reason.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:57:56 PM 

edz9haan (50)

(9haan retro)
< Meka Chicken >
Indonesia
Have you changed the computer or IP address you're loggin' into ebay?
i always use the same machine to loggin..it is safe..or you can ask ebay if there was particularly reason. hope your problem solved

NES Asian carts for cheap http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 01:52:21 PM 
elhector (72)

(Hector Varga)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
It's probably because of the confirming identity thing. I had as similar issue when I moved from our apartment into the house we bought. Tried logging in to my ebay account from the new internet connection with a new laptop and got a whole bunch of questions trying to confirm my identity. The problem is none of the possible answers were right. It took me a little over 2 weeks and about 9 hours on the phone with eBay to get my account unlocked and restored.

Check out my eBay Store
My WTB Thread
My FS/FT Thread

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use